Responsible for the oversight of all requirements and projects within a specific portfolio for new and enhanced services.
Act as the first point of contact for the Business and is responsible for ensuring that the portfolio’s projects comply with Casino’ s strategic direction and are prioritized across portfolios and divisional needs.
They will also provide key input into the creation and maintenance of the overall Strategy and Portfolio.
- Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience in managing business requirements from initiation to execution
- Experience in developing solutions and managing multiple initiatives from projects, to incidents, to managing new ideas.
- Proven experience in managing the demand management and expectations of the Business owners.
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience in IT, with at least 3 years’ experience in a business environment, coupled with tertiary level qualifications in Business, Science, Engineering or Economics.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in an IT environment (Mandatory).
- Tertiary qualification in the field of Business Studies, Information Systems, or Engineering (Desirable).
- Familiar with the Software Development Life-cycle (Mandatory).
- Extensive knowledge in relationship building.
- Ability to develop technology capability needs and solutions based on business requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience liaising with junior and senior staff members.
- Outcome focused with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Shows high level of initiative.
- Requires minimal direction to complete tasks.
- Displays attention to detail.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Conversant with English.
- Act as the first point of contact for the Business for the portfolio (and or property).
- Work closely with the business unit to match strategic demand for IT services with supply via effective prioritisation and process improvement.
- Perform the role of the Subject Matter Expert within the Corporate Business
- Build an effective and mutually beneficial ‘client service’ relationship between the designated business unit(s) and IT.
- Ensure that relevant business unit stakeholders/representatives are involved in designing and/or enhancing IT processes.
- Ensure all projects within the portfolio comply with the Casinos strategic direction
- Manage cross-project dependencies within the portfolio and divisionally
- Key stakeholder and point of contact for projects that impact the portfolio
- Work with the Casinos IT management team to assign and manage resources
- Assist in the delivery of Post Implementation Reviews (PIRs)
- Manage a team to analyse business requirements and evaluating potential solutions (including external providers’ proposals)
- Work with other portfolio managers and the architecture team to determine the optimal solution.
- Demand Management:
- Implement and maintain Demand process for new proposals with overall responsibility for steering these proposals through the early phases of approval.
- Work with the business to clarify and refine functional requirements, and coordinate work in initial phases to translate these into functional designs.
- Portfolio Prioritization
- Work with business unit & BRMs for other business units to prioritize the portfolio of projects.
- Review the demand pipeline and the progress of new projects with business sponsors.
- Provide a uniform approach to the way in which customer feedback is handled and resolved.
- Develop and enhance relationships with business, actively managing expectations & monitoring satisfaction levels.
- Service Disruption Communications
- Provide the point of contact to keep Senior Management up to date with high severity service issues. At times, the position will work with the Businesses to ensure the impact and the right priorities are being worked through as part of key outages. Follow up on the root cause and resolution information is communicated to the Business
- Process Ownership – Business Relationship Management
- Inputs – New business demands on IT, stakeholder concerns, Satisfaction surveys.
- Outputs – Identified business demand, Business priorities, stakeholder satisfaction measurement.
- Work with the business and the Business Change Manager to support execution of business change activities through the project life-cycle to achieve successful business outcomes.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.