The IT Operations Manager’s role is to plan, organised, and manage staff and daily property technology operations to ensure that the organisation’s IT infrastructure supports the achievement of key service level agreements and overall Casinos business operations. This includes operating, maintaining, supporting, key functional areas, particularly server, storage and local network infrastructure and includes data and voice telecommunications systems. The IT Operations Manager will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems, including the provision of a help desk service, in a timely and accurate fashion in support of Service Level Agreements. This position ensures that the compliance activities such as back ups and systems controls are being done in accordance with agreed standard operating procedures.
- Has a university degree in a related field – IT, Computer Science, Engineering and the like.
- At least 8-10 years experience in an operations role.
- ITIL Certification.
- Strong background in network and infrastructure roles.
- Experience in management of service delivery and staff, in a matrix-managed, and shift work environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written, are required for this position.
- The A&E SOM must be fully familiar with IT services management model of service delivery as a process- based practice intended to align the delivery of information technology (IT) services with needs of the enterprise, emphasizing benefits to customers.
- Must be experienced in leading organizational change and process improvement.
- Must understand Change Management life-cycle and will work closely with the Change Management Crew Lead to ensure deliverable meet stated criteria.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities if needed, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong customer service ethics
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Willing to extend for long hours including weekends and holidays when needed.
- Scheduling and directing activities to resolve hardware and software problems, including the provision of a help desk, in a timely and accurate manner in support of Service Level Agreements.
- Managing the timely delivery of information technology services according to the approved Information Technology business plan.
- Maintaining overall responsibility for all systems within Information Technology operation.
- Ensuring the integrity of system security by evaluating all requests for system access.
- Lead and manage a team of system operations analysts and end user computing specialists, in the delivery of fit for purpose IT infrastructure services.
- Define hardware and software policies and standards in conjunction with Technology Services IT Operations managers, product / development staff, enterprise architecture staff and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that network performance is monitored and contribute to the development of strategies for developing and maintaining network infrastructure.
- Participate in the evaluation server and storage performance and maintain performance statistics and reports; develop strategies for maintaining server and storage infrastructure.
- Develop automation strategies to stream line the day to day running of the IT Operations.
- Manage operational costs; conduct near- and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base.
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the organisation’s executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.