- Tertiary or Trade Qualification
- 2 to 3 years of experience
- IELTS 5.0 each band
- Must be 457 / RSMS ready
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Able to work with hand tools and machines
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Able to visualize the end product
- Normal color vision
- Aptitude for technical activities
- Repairing damage to metal, plastic and fiberglass bodywork on vehicles. Make and form vehicle panels using machines or hand tools.
- Remove damaged panels and components by unbolting or cutting them away.
- Repair damaged body panels with specialist tools and equipment.
- Use measuring, mechanical and hydraulic equipment to restore vehicles to factory clearances.
- Cut and join replacement sections or damaged panels using correct welding procedures.
- Repair dents with plastic fillers, and file, grind and sand repaired surfaces using power and hand tools.
- Fit the repaired panels on the framework of the vehicle and refit body hardware, such as door locks and door trims.
- Replace badly damaged sections with new or second-hand panels.
- Realign chassis and body frames using chassis aligners and measuring systems.
- Remove and replace accident-related mechanical items.
- Remove and replace auto-electric components.
- Help vehicle body builders to build custom-designed, specialty or vintage vehicles.
- Assist with spray painting vehicles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.