The Project Management Officer Manager is able to support projects and programs independently, acts as a right hand of project manager / delivery manager. The activities of the PMO are centralized around resource and work planning & control, budget management, change management and product quality control. Also, a PMO person is able to assign work, set objectives, provide feedback on performance and motivate the Project managers.
The PMO builds up a common set of practices, principles and templates for managing projects. Standardization means project managers can move more easily between different projects and new project managers get up to speed faster. Creating project management templates means standard components can be reused which saves time and money as they are not created for each project fresh.
- Has a university degree in a related field – IT, Computer Science, Engineering and the like.
- Proven PMO experience and knowledge of project management
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes.
- At least 8-10 years of project management experience – including all aspects of process development and execution – in the field of Information Technology and champions project management by heart.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment, assertiveness.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills with ability to conduct presentations comfortably to large groups .
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Expert user of MS Project and MS Office toolset (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent abilities in project management and software development lifecycles ie, Waterfall, RUP, Agile.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities if needed, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects.
- Monitor Project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Assist and advise Project Sponsors, Innovation Managers, and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches within a fast-paced, high tech environment.
- Develop positive relationships with Project Sponsors, Innovation Managers, and teams to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects, and training
- Administration of risks and issues.
- Project metrics reporting and project finance management.
- Facilitation of internal and external meetings.
- Monitoring of relations between project areas and active improvement submission.
- Organizing project resource management.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.